Nakuru County’s continuous efforts to address drug shortages at health facilities

| | 0 Comment| 07:30


In the ongoing efforts to ensure a consistent supply of medicine in the hospitals, the County has procured a new consignment of drugs and non-pharmaceuticals worth sh49.6 million from the Kenya Medical Supplies Agency (KEMSA).

To mitigate potential drug shortages, 25% of this consignment, and future ones, will be stored in the County Central Depot. This will act as a buffer stock, ready to be issued to health facilities upon request, depending on their specific needs for medicine. The remaining 75% has been disbursed to 208 rural health facilities across the County. This is a crucial step towards improving healthcare services and ending the shortage of drugs and medical essentials in our public health facilities.

Deputy Governor H.E David Kones, on behalf of Governor Susan Kihika, has flagged off this consignment at the County Headquarters and directed the County Executive Committee Member for Health to ensure that the consignment reaches the intended targets.

Nakuru County under the leadership of H.E Governor Susan Kihika is working with partners to facilitate the delivery of better services within the public health facilities aimed at ending the shortage of drugs and non-pharmaceuticals in hospitals.

The Deputy Governor was accompanied by County Secretary Dr Samuel Mwaura, officials from the County Health Department led by CECM Jackline Osoro, and officials from Kenya Medical Supplies Agency.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *